ABB - PLC Engineer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Robotics and Discrete Automation division supplies products, solutions and services to in-crease productivity and ergonomics. ABB Robotics is a pioneer and one of the leading global industrial robotics companies and has the widest global footprint of any robotics company with presence in 53 countries. As part of the 2020 strategy, ABB Robotics ventured in to a new area of robotics, outside the traditional manufacturing segments. We call this Service Robotics and within this business, our vision is to become the global leader in robotic products and solutions for the non-manufacturing markets such as intralogistics, healthcare and retail. The European Application Center (formerly Intrion) for Service Robotics is located in Huizingen, Belgium and specializes in robot-centric automation solutions for e-commerce, retail, fresh food, non-food and express parcel segments. Our portfolio ranges from robotic products to modular cells, engineered turnkey solutions (like high-bay warehouses or goods to man picking) and lifecycle management services. To design and develop these automation systems, we are looking for a PLC Engineer.
• Work out the functional design (PLC part of the system);
• Perform the technical analysis in order to design PLC schematics like grafcets, flowcharts, interface specifications and communication diagrams;
• Define automation components (PLC hardware, sensors and actuators) technical requirements and ensure feasibility with providers;
• Responsible for object oriented code development (Siemens S7, Siemens TIA Portal or Rockwell RS Logix);
• Define and write test plans;
• Perform in-house simulation / emulation / testing;
• Execute on-site commissioning in close cooperation with commissioning engineers;
• Validate test plans and contribute to the execution of integration tests;
• Write the user documentation and provide user/customer training.
An Engineering degree in electromechanics, electronics or automation (or equivalent by experience);
• Strong mechanical reasoning capabilities to visualize work output;
• Willing to follow a PLC Engineering training program within our Training Academy and on the job supported by our Technical Coach (will be adapted depending on your experience);
• Solution, pragmatic and hands-on mindset;
• Detail oriented with good analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Team player;
• Able to take framework constraints into account and build creative solutions;
• Willing to work on-site in Belgium or abroad;
• Fluent in Dutch or French with a good knowledge of English;
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
in line with role and experience
Please apply directly online at https://new.abb.com/jobs/details/BE68544059_E1