No money, no cry! Cash flows at the speed of light!
We all use money every day of our lives. We can't imagine a world without money. But what do we actually know about it? Where does it come from?
What do the banks do with our money?
The EURO: has it been a success, and more important will it be good for the European Union in the future?
What happens at the stock market? Is someone pulling the strings?
We all hear of major government debts. What are its consequences and are countries able to pay of a debt of over billions of Euros?
Drugs and weapons are a currency on its own, does it influence our economies?
When we buy a can of tomato sauce, the tomatoes have already traveled around the world several times. Can the world handle this? What are the consequences of this?
And then finally, this economic structure is not going to work for the future! Is it possible to change?
If you are interested in these questions, don't wait and apply for Delft's awesome Winter Course!
- Fields of activity:
- Economics/Business Administration/Marketing
- Content and topics:
- A general overview on different topics in the world of finance will be given in this course. Topics include, but not limited to: - The history of money - The EURO and its influence on the European Union - Stock exchange - Governments, Weapons and Drugs; is there a connection? - Globalization - Transition: Current system will not work long term, how to make the transition to the future?
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give an overview of the current economical situation, its downsides and what the future could bring.
- Examination type:
- Essay writing and debate
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Private hostel near the university
- Three meals per day, at least one warm meal.
- Bicycle, train