Gone with the Wind...Returned with energy!
Have you noticed the increasing number of wind turbines everywhere? Near the highways and railways, along the coast and mountains? in sunny, rainy and even snowy places!
Have you ever been in a wind tunnel testing facility or have you heard about energy from high altitude kites ?
Would you like to know about business in the world of offshore wind? What does it take to design a wind farm?
Then we are expecting you next spring in Delft!!! APPLY NOW and we will let you in on a little secret on how our university influences wind turbine design all over the world!
Imagine! In Delft you can learn about the business, engineering and know-how behind the international collaboration for the development of . . .
- wind turbines as big as they can get in the most extreme climate conditions and even in the sea?!
- kites which will fly on auto-pilot night and day so high that you would only see them from an airplane !
- and most importantly delivering the clean energy that we need for our sustainable future!
So what will you do in the beautiful month of May? Come to spend 10 unforgettable days in the Netherlands making new amazing friends, experiencing crazy parties and learn to catch the wind from the flying Dutchman!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechanical Engineering , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to wind power. How can energy be harvested from the wind. Basics on rotor aerodynamics and wind turbine design Airborne Wind Energy. Innovation and emerging renewable energy: Kite Power. Offshore wind farm design. Logistics behind wind energy in the offshore business
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn about the possibilities for wind power generation. Gain a unique insight into the world of wind energy. Get some basic theory, some hands-on experience and multidisciplinary team work. Assess the potential of wind energy through project oriented learning.
- Examination type:
- presentation about practical and project team work
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter + answers to questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Private hostel near the university
- Three meals per day, at least one warm meal.
- bikes, train, car