Sauna fever – discover the secrets of sauna!
Normal body temperature 36,5 degrees, boiling temperature 100 degrees, weather forecast in Tallinn - 110 degrees!!!
Drying your cat in the oven may cause serious damage to it's health. Heating yourself until complete madness in a small room and running to the nearest lake in your birthday suit - it is a completely normal way to rest in Estonia.
2 weeks filled with lessons, labs, practical experiences, wild trips and crazy (sauna)parties, using your engineering skills, soul and mind – this is our way to show you the Nordic sauna culture and give you the knowledge and will to make one of your own.
The warmest summer will be in Tallinn! Be ready to sweat for this course!
- Content and topics:
- History and traditions, materials and technologies, physical processes and effect on human body – everything you need to know to create and really enjoy the crazy heat and steam of sauna.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Our aim is to give you a full overview and also a practical experience of building, using and enjoying sauna, so that on the day you leave Tallinn you would be able and filled with passion and knowledge to at least think on building your very own sauna at home, knowing thereby the risks and profits of it. Sauna – it’s a piece of history and engineering art that you can really feel on your own skin.
- Examination type:
- Practical exam
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Your motivation letters. Equality between genders and cultural diveristy.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be lodged in the student hostel next to the university. When outside of Tallinn in camping or tents.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm, will be provided in the university canteen, restaurants in Tallinn or by self-catering.
- Public transportation, taxis, rented buses.