WWW: Wiggle Wiggle Wordpress!
Did you know that 20% of internet is actually made in WordPress? Yeah, thats a lot of sites and blogs. It is because of its easy, user friendly and likeable interface. We decided to have WordPress as a topic of our summer course in order to make that percent even bigger!
On the course, youll be able to discover secret world of plug-ins and after that, maybe, youll be the next one wholl rule the world of plug-ins. Youll find out how to create your own themes so you can make your first step in the WordPress industry.
Besides these interesting and exceptionally useful and helpful lessons, we have a plan to make best BEST summer parties, go to our beach in Belgrade (yeah, we dont have a sea, but there is a beach), get you closer to our culture and everyday crazy party time!
So don't hesitate, apply and get ready to come and taste WordPress on Serbian way!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- CMS & Web basics: Introduction to WordPress, What does it consist of, How to instal it, Setting up a local server, Difference between domain and hosting / Becoming familiar with it: Difference between wordpress.com and wordpress.org, Making a website, Moving through the Dashboard, Presenting and using all WordPresss functionalities / Coding is fun: learning HTML & CSS - beginner level / Theory combined with practice: WordPress theme development & How to make or customize your own theme / The plugin story: What is a plugin, Use your new HTML & CSS skills to modify a plugin, Discovering new, interesting functionalities / Makin money: Starting your own business, Business in IT, Developing business based on WordPress, Optimizing a website
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students should gain an understanding of the mentioned topics, through combination of theoretical lectures and practical work on PCs. After the course participants should be able to make their own website using a CMS platform, make changes in its functioning and customize it according to their needs.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Interest in the subject, questions, motivation letter, sociability.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student campus or hostel
- Student cafeteria - Three meals per day, at least one hot meal
- Public transport, walking