Engineer?Doctor?Or maybe both?
Would you like to know how our body works? What progress have been done around breast cancer diagnostics?You want to know how our brain reacts? This summer in Chania 10 scientists (among them a doctoy) gather together to answer your questions.
If you dream to help the hummanity by making Medical Equipment. Now you have the opportunity to see how you are going to do it.
Don't forget that Chania is a great place to be in Summer!
We are waiting for you! APPLY NOW!!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- 1)Image Processing of Biological Microscopy Images : Over the last years, medical advances have led to the identification of numerous tumor biomarkers, facilitating the understanding of the molecular basis of tumor progression and treatment response. 2)Construction and Analysis of Biological Networks During the past few years there has been an increasing interest in studying the underlying genetic/proteomic mechanisms behind the discovery of genetic interactions between molecules. This kind of knowledge is of great importance in many scientific areas such as clinical prognosis, diagnosis and treatment. 3)Pattern Recognition on Genomic data: Problem Formulation DNA Microarray Introduction to regression Feature Selection Filter Wrapper Embedded Validation Methods Results 4)Tools for Biological Validation of Statistical Results : INTRODUCTION TO BIOLOGICAL TERMS IDENTIFIERS/ACCESSIONS DATABASES DATA REPOSITORIES ENRICHMENT ANALYSIS and FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS TOOLS INTRODUCTION TO SYSTEMS BIOLOGY 5)Analysis of EEG and MEG Brain Responses The electrical activity of active nerve cells in the brain produces currents spreading through the head. EEG and MEG reflect brain electrical activity with millisecond temporal resolution, and are the most direct correlate of on-line brain processing obtainable non-invasively
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Information on new diagnostic methods in medicine more specific in cancer. Knowing about the mechanics of cells and acquisition of biological and technical knowledge for the creation of a medical device.
- Examination type:
- Writing or oral examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University's restaurant (breakfast and two hot meals per day)
- Public transportation, organisers' cars, on foot