Let's create Electronics: give me plastic and I'll measure the world!
Are you a creative person? Would you like to create Electronics?
We have all the ingredients to let you spend a nice week in Sicily and learn more about Electronics. It can be funnier and easier than what you could think. Uhm... it sounds good!
Electronics on plastic is becoming an interesting alternative to more conventional approaches for the realization of low cost, disposable systems. Besides the large number of potential applications in the field of environmental control and biomedicine, what makes electronics on plastics systems attractive is the fact that the fabrication facilities that are required have orders of magnitude less expensive than what it is required for conventional semiconductor processing.
You will be guided in the design, realization and testing of some examples of systems on plastic applications that will be developed as part of the laboratory activities.
Everything will be under the hot and sunny sky of Sicily. We will show you our beautiful land surrounded by wonderful landscapes, walking through the ancient streets of Taormina where the sunset can leave you breathless, climbing the Etna Volcano, trying our "imbuto" and "limoncello", eating a delicious "gelato", drinking the BEST "espresso". Ah... and don't forget your swimsuit ;-).
Well, if you want to experience all the Sicilian BEST spirit, its creativity and warmth, come to Messina and taste how good can be all these ingredients!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechatronics , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics
- Content and topics:
- The course will focus on the technologies employed in electronics on plastic system processing and on the discussion of the fields of application of this emerging technology, especially in physical and chemical sensing. Physical and electrical characterization tecniques for assessing the quality and the reliability of the devices will also be discussed in some detail, including advanced characterization and sensing methods (such as noise advanced sensing).
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The students attending the course will be guided in the design, realization and testing of a few examples of systems on plastic applications that will be developed as part of the laboratory activities. A significant part of the activity will be devoted to the design of dedicated instrumentation set-ups and to the realization of automated measurement system by means of a virtual instrumentation approach.
- Examination type:
- written and practice
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected by their interest about the topic of the course and their motivation.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory.
- University canteen and provided by organizers. 3 meals, at least one hot meal a day.
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.