The Climate Control Guide to the Galaxy
If you clicked this course is because you either a) want to know abour the amazing world of climate control and air-conditioning b) you want to visit the amazingly beautiful Canary Islands c) all of them.
Belive or not, climate control has been for the past century a key element in the development of entire regions in the world. Think about cities such as Las Vegas or Dubai, which wouldn't be what they are now if there wasn't a way to reduce the hot temperatures of those areas. But when we talk about climate control we don't only refeer to cooling but also heating, a way of climate control which has existed since fire was mastered thousands of years ago which later evolved into central heating and complex centralized systems, which together with the mentioned cooling systems allow us to set the temperature of the spaces we live in to the exact temperature we want.
And as any other technology, climate control keeps evolving, becoming more efficient and also more enviromentally friendly, using for example passive climate control methods. And what a better place to learn about climate controlled stuff than in the place with the best weather in the world?! You will not only learn about climate control of course, you will also enjoy many days under the hot tropical sun, have fun at the beach, swim in the sea in March or hike some volcanoes.
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria is waiting for you! Apply and join us on the experience you will never forget!
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Air conditioning, heating and cooling control, design and control of air conditioning systems, eco-friendly solutions.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course aims to equip students with both theoretical and practical knowledge on the topic of climate control. Topics covered in the course range from basic concepts to real life industry application scenarios.
- Examination type:
- Group project or exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals, at least one of them hot.
- Public transportation